Custom Search

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Jamie Kennedy Experiment - the Complete Second Season

WP: O-K...so I watched the 18 or so half-hour shows, the one-hour specials, the outtakes and commentary of The Jamie Kennedy Experiment-The Complete Second Season DVDs.

Let me tell you. The second season is nothing like the first season. The first season wasn't half bad, but the second season is dumber and more incredulous than Paris Hilton appearing in a G-rated movie.

I could not believe how worn-out and stale Jamie's characters have become. They are more worn-out than Paris Hilton's carpet, or her kitchen table, or her counter tops.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the show, it is like Candid Camera on crack. Instead of the engaging, charming and classy Allen Funt, we have the rat-faced Jamie Kennedy. He's that actor/comedian whose rat face appeared in way too many Scream movies.

In one sequence, Jamie plays an obnoxious grocery clerk who removes the shrink wrap from a customer's steak and fondles it, sniffs it, then coughs on it. Am I supposed to laugh at that? Someone forgot to send me the memo. That was one of the most disgusting, unprofessional displays I have ever seen!

Needless to say, the customer refused to purchase the steak. Can you blame her? That's not the worst part, though. The rat boy then has the unmitigated gall to tell that poor bewildered woman that she has been X'd. Ha, ha, that's so funny I forgot to laugh and puke at the same time!

In another sequence, rat boy plays a fake tour guide who takes some unsuspecting decent folks on a boat tour of the Florida everglades. A stunt man (who is part of the scam) falls into the river and is attacked by a fake alligator. However, the poor folks in the boat think it is all real. Ha, ha, very funny! Man gets his limb snipped by alligator...story at eleven!

Additionally, the rat boy has way too many sequences where he plays this incompetent parking attendant. He plays a character of a certain nationality (with a ridiculous fake accent I might add) who wears a white jump suit. I loath the fact that the character promotes stereotypes! By playing that character he has done a disservice to all people who wear white jump suits!

Then, of course-

Jamie: Hey dude! Why are you slamming my show? Did someone pee in your Cheerios?

WP: Your show sucks, man!

Jamie: NO, YOU SUCK!

WP: Ha! That rapper character...what's his name again?

Jamie: Brad Gluckman! He's cool and YOU SUCK!

WP: Well, he may have been cool the first season, but now he's not only a worn-out, wannabe rapper from Malibu, you gotta play clips from season one of him all throughout season two! If I want to watch those clips again, I'll rent the season one DVD you MORON!

Jamie: Who are you calling a moron, Cheerio breath?!

WP: Sorry, man, I meant no offense. Moron is a pet name where I come from. Anyway, what's up with the old waiter character you play who drives around the restaurant with a wheelchair scooter, and bangs into tables and chairs?

Or the blind guy you play whose sexy wife hits on the unsuspecting marks? Now you have to admit that is pretty tacky!

Jamie: It isn't tacky, man!

WP: Yes it is! You suck!

Jamie: NO, YOU SUCK!!! YOU-

WP: Jamie, calm down. I have to tell you something-

Jamie: What? Oh....NO!

WP: That's right. You've been X'd!

Jamie: I can't believe you got me again!

WP: And, all you readers out there have been X'd also. I absolutely LOVED season two of The Jamie Kennedy Experiment. It was one of the funniest shows on TV! All of the sequences I mentioned earlier had me in stitches! Plus, this four DVD set contains a lot more DROP-DEAD FUNNY STUFF-FIVE STARS!


Click here for drama, comedy and adventure!


1 comment:

klawedkillerkitten said...

i miss that show...

http://ordinary-stars.blogspot.com

 
Click here for drama, comedy and adventure!